FIOS Phone
JoannL1
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS installed yesterday. Was not told my voice mail would be automatically hijacked by Verizon until told by friend of strange VM msg.  Tried to obtain login info.  There is an hour I'll never get back.  Online password reset gave me WRONG PASSWORD.  Gave me 4 digits when I needed 7.  No word on disabling VM. Old husband needs my home VM system.  Do not want FIOS but no information anywhere on the face of the earth or Verizon site to disable FIOS VM or how to increase the number of rings so home unit picks up calls before Verizon.  I could organize site info more logically in about 2 hours.  Nightmare from hell.

Re: FIOS Phone
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to assist you. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@JoannL wrote:

FIOS installed yesterday. Was not told my voice mail would be automatically hijacked by Verizon until told by friend of strange VM msg.  Tried to obtain login info.  There is an hour I'll never get back.  Online password reset gave me WRONG PASSWORD.  Gave me 4 digits when I needed 7.  No word on disabling VM. Old husband needs my home VM system.  Do not want FIOS but no information anywhere on the face of the earth or Verizon site to disable FIOS VM or how to increase the number of rings so home unit picks up calls before Verizon.  I could organize site info more logically in about 2 hours.  Nightmare from hell.

If I had to guess, I'd say your default password is your phone number... it's just a guess though.

I did a search for "remove vm" and got this thread, which you may or may not find helpful.

0 Likes
FIOS Home Phone number
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus
Moved to new thread for greater exposure
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes