FIOS home phone
Camxyz

This message is to complain about service I recently received from Verizon FIOS.I had Verizon FIOS triple play installed in my house on June 29, 2014.

The FiOS Digital Voice Home Phone Service is not working correctly. I needed to have my AT&T number ported over to FiOS Digital Voice Home Phone Service. On June 29, 2014 the installation of the FiOS Digital Voice Home Phone Service was installed with a 301 phone number.

It was stated the porting of the 216 number would be completed on June 30, 2014.The actual porting of the number did not happen until August 6, 2014, after many calls to Verizon. Five weeks late after countless calls to Verizon.

I tried to set up voice mail in August 2014. I did not have the passcode and I called Verizon for help in setting up the voicemail. They stated there was something they needed to do before voicemail could be setup. They stated this would happen on September 5, 2014. I tried once again to set-up voice with no success. I once again called Verizon Sunday, September 14, 2014.

I finally was able to setup my passcode for my voice mail on September 14, 2014. I called my phone number and the phone rings and rings and does not go into voice mal. On Monday September 15, 2014, I once again called Verizon. I was on the phone with Verizon for approximately 2 hours. The issue with voice mail is not resolved, leaving a non-functional phone number.

Additionally, my account is somehow connected to someone is else’s account. I think this is the problem. Customer service stated the phone number was disconnected in December 2013. I just had FIOS installed on June 29, 2014. Additionally the phone was connected to AT&T before being ported over to Verizon, but of course Verizon states they do not have the 216 phone number. They are clueless.

This shows Verizon is incompetent. I don’t understand why the phone company cannot make the phone work correctly with all the features.

I have called on the following dates as I can recall:

1. July 5, 2014
  2. July 7, 2014
  3. July 22, 2014
  4. July 24, 2014
  5. July 29, 2014
  6. July 31, 2014
  7. August 7, 2014
  8. August 12, 2014
  9. August 30, 2014
  10. September 8, 2014
  11. September 14, 2014
  12. September 15, 2014
  13. September 15, 2014
  14. September 15, 2014
  15. September 16, 2014
  16. September 17, 2014
  17. September 29, 2014 I was on the phone with Verizon for over 1 hour. The voice mail still does not work

I am quite frustrated. I expected a much higher level of service from Verizon, and I am quite disappointed. Because I do not want to spend any more time on this problem, I will be informing my friends and family about this experience.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS home phone
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Camxyz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes