FIOS with Uniden phones: Sometimes need to push button twice to connect with callers
kdwetzel

I have a Uniden 900mhz 2-line phone and a Uniden 5.7ghz 1-line phone with a new Verizon triple play FIOS router. When someone calls me I press line1-button to answer (the phone stops ringing) but I hear nothing on the line.  So then I hit line1-button again to hangup.  There is no ringing on the phone but I hit line1-button again for the heck of it.  Then I hear the person on line1.  They said the phone rang like eight times on their end.  Why doesn't the FIOS system recognize the line1-button on the first press? 

Note: my Uniden 2-line phone does not have 'talk' or 'end' buttons.  It just has a line1-button and a line2-button.  It has a separate 'hold' button for switching between physical lines.  I know that both lines have the FIOS call-waiting feature but I make sure when I hang-up that I test the line again to make sure I hear a dial tone and not dead air.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS with Uniden phones: Sometimes need to push button twice to connect with callers
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

It sounds more like a problem with your phone.  Have you tried this with a different hand set?  Maybe try to use a wired phone. 

Jim

0 Likes