Fax machine
MrBil1

Do I need a separate line for a fax machine, or can I use the one land line coming into my house to do both?

Thank You,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fax machine
jonjones1
Legend

The one line is sufficient.

however if your using an all in one (printer, copier & fax) after you hook the phone in the phone in section and then hook the telephone into the other connection you can or should be able to then fax. Its best to lower it to a 9600 baud rate since faster speeds may not go through properly.

if just using a phone line you need a splitter to use your fax machine and phone line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes you could either use the same landline or get a second number. If using the same landline number it really depends on the volume of incoming and outgoing faxes.

You could also get a distinctive ring which is another number but rings differently so your fax will pick up. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The one line is sufficient.

however if your using an all in one (printer, copier & fax) after you hook the phone in the phone in section and then hook the telephone into the other connection you can or should be able to then fax. Its best to lower it to a 9600 baud rate since faster speeds may not go through properly.

if just using a phone line you need a splitter to use your fax machine and phone line.

0 Likes