Fed up with waiting for an issue to be resolved
bugnbox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Quick run-down. I live in a rural area of Southern California, run a business from home, two lines come to the house. For the first 5 years or so of being here...phone service was fine. About a year ago give or take we started having issues. If there was a power outtage or surge the phone lines would be knocked out and they would come back on a few hours later. I just dealt with it for a while until it got to a point where I had enough and started calling Verizon about the issue. Keep in mind there is no cell service at the property, so to call I need to drive 15 minutes down the road and wait through the whole customer service phone maze to get through to someone. I call, they say they will fix it, eventually the line comes back up, etc...but still in each instance it takes a long while to do so...plus the frustration factor.  Being a problem that only occurs when the power is interrupted it is a hard issue to chase I would imagine, but something must be done. I filed a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission a while back and that got some action, but still no repair. Yesterday I get a letter from the PUC saying they are dropping the issue and within a half hour of opening up that letter the phones go out again...this was such a minor blip in power that it didnt even set off the clocks in the house....yet the phones were out for FOUR HOURS!!  I missed out on a business deal yesterday as a result of this that would have made me a good couple thousand dollars, but with no phone service, I missed out to another party...I just could not reach the client.  I started thinking about how many calls I have missed over the past year, how much money and time that has been lost and of course the endless frustration of not being able to reach anyone during these periods...my wife calling home, kids sick at school and no way to reach me...we had a big fire in the area not long ago and it got me thinking about emergency situations..if the phones are down and we need help...how can I dial 911?

This issue has gone on too long. I pay for a reliable service...but I dont get one. The lip service I get from the customer service folks isnt helping...I need someone to really fix this problem.  This is a problem that not only affects me...but my neighbors as well.

Im angry...and Im getting loud about this now. I am calling and emailing everyone I can think of...this has got to stop.

Re: Fed up with waiting for an issue to be resolved
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes