FiOS Digital Voice and Internet Reoccurring Problem with Outage at Same Time Every Night
VectorVictor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was hoping someone could help me out or enlighten me as to what may be going on. 

I've been having problems the past two nights (5/17 and 5/18) where at 12:45am CST, both the internet and Digital Voice service go out.  The problem with this is that the outage trips our home alarm due to the dropped connection (which scares our child) and disrupts any large downloads (e.g. Steam purchases) that I may have set up to run during the night. After 5-10 minutes, service is restored and works properly. 

We haven't had problems of this nature since we switched to digital voice around two months ago, and we tested our alarm system with the provider to ensure it works properly with Digital Voice (it does). 

Does anyone know if Verizon has been doing backend updates or something of that nature that would knock service out two nights in a row at the same time? 

I haven't received any information indicating there are outages, planned or otherwise, in our area, and the Verizon support staff I contacted, while polite and courteous, did not have an answer for me.  I am hoping that we don't have to endure a third night of this. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Digital Voice and Internet Reoccurring Problem with Outage at Same Time Every Night
VectorVictor
Enthusiast - Level 3

To follow up on this, we again had another occurance at 12:45am CST Saturday morning.  Thankfully, though, we did not have another occurance Sunday morning.

However, I still would like to know what the root cause of this problem is.  I've powercycled my ONT (removed power, removed battery backup) per Verizon support's instructions Friday afternoon, but it did not appear to have any impact on the problem at hand.  

0 Likes