FiOS Digital Voice - just switched, any pblm if I do NOT SETUP anything? (i.e. ignore it)
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

(context - I was agreed to upgrade to a new plan, with two weeks until the installation, and the same day noticed a gotcha and tried to cancel before the switch ... long story, but was unable to do this. Only option I was given was to wait until new plan in effect and then cancel and then would NOT be able to return to my original plan because it was no longer offered. So, what I'm considering is to cancel within this 30 days and then delete my TV and Phone FiOS service, retaining only the internet. Given that, it makes sense for me to not do any setup things to use Digital Voice).

So here's the real question - FiOS Digital Voice just went into effect for me today. I have placed a call in and a call out with no problems. Would there be any problem if I just "do nothing" and continue to use my phone as before? (Oh, I did notice while searching through this forum that there may be problems with dial-up faxing so I will check that, I do occasionally hook up my fax when needed).

I'm thinking it will just be easier to cancel my phone service if I haven't set up anything new.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Digital Voice - just switched, any pblm if I do NOT SETUP anything? (i.e. ignore it)
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am not sure I am understanding what's going on here. What's the difference between the old offer and the new offer? Are the products the same and just different price quotes? We would need to have a little more information to see what's going on.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Digital Voice - just switched, any pblm if I do NOT SETUP anything? (i.e. ignore it)
prisaz
Legend

If you ordered a bundle it would be better to change it before the install date. Otherwise there is much more to deal with. Order internet only service and you will pay just for that. But don't expect the same cost as if it were included in the bundle.

I believe the Internet cost goes up, so having digital voice with Internet may not be that much of a difference. You would need to make the choice. But I would do iit before the install. I do recall that there used to be an additional $5 charge added to an account without voice.

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

My apology for prefacing my real question with what amounted to a rant (I have resolved that as best I can, so will stay with Verizon just with lower tier TV programming to get back to price I had before).

Thanks to both of you for your input and concern.

So, I did minimal setup of Digital Voice and will continue from there. I have one technical question, but will post separately and let this thread die.

0 Likes