Fiber Upgrade - Phone only (replacing copper service)
JMK61

I received the letter stating that they have to upgrade my service.  Can anyone tell me if I have to have an existing underground feed to my home to install this service?  I currently have all above ground connections.  To the best of my knowledge my home is probably 25 yards or more away from the closest Fios in ground box.  When they installed the Fios lines they did not come in front of my home.  My concern is that I'm going to make the appointment, taking a day off work, and when they get here to install the new service they are going to tell me they can't install it.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fiber Upgrade - Phone only (replacing copper service)
jonjones1
Legend

My mother in law had copper service and the wire was overhead and came down and attached to NID box on her outside deck.

when verizon told her they had to switch her over to fiber optics she was ok with it only if it was installed overhead as the old service. What fios did was tell her it was coming in overhead but had to drill through her foundation to run the fiber into her cellar. She said absolutely not. They did not dig a trench but wanted to run the fiber through concrete walls. And install a fios device with power source available. They told her if she wanted more services in the future the stuff is already there.

shd threw them out. At 86 years of age she likes things not to change.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Fiber Upgrade - Phone only (replacing copper service)
jonjones1
Legend

My mother in law had copper service and the wire was overhead and came down and attached to NID box on her outside deck.

when verizon told her they had to switch her over to fiber optics she was ok with it only if it was installed overhead as the old service. What fios did was tell her it was coming in overhead but had to drill through her foundation to run the fiber into her cellar. She said absolutely not. They did not dig a trench but wanted to run the fiber through concrete walls. And install a fios device with power source available. They told her if she wanted more services in the future the stuff is already there.

shd threw them out. At 86 years of age she likes things not to change.

0 Likes