Fios Digital Voice: I can hear them but they can't hear me
MonFamily

Hi,

I'm writing this on behalf of my elderly parents.  They have Fios Digital Voice and we currently can make/receive calls but the other person cannot hear us.  We can heard the other person fine.  I thought the problem was with the phone so I went out and bought my parents a new landline phone.  But the problem is still there.  Everything else seems to work (we get a dial tone, we can make calls, callers can leave voice mail, and we can hear the other person fine).  But they cannot hear us.  I verified this problem when making a call to my own cell phone.  We can hear the other person fine but the other person cannot hear us.

Any help would be appreciated.  If possible, I would like to have a service person come out to look at the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Digital Voice: I can hear them but they can't hear me
MonFamily

Of course, if this problem could be easily fixed without a service visit, then that would be better.  I found another forum post from a customer that had a similar problem and it seemed that it was fixed when they reset their phone service.  Maybe something simliar would fix my parent's problem?

Last night, I tried the virtual assistent from my parent's home and it wasn't able to detect any problems and wasn't very helpful.  Also, your website is confusing because I couldn't find an easy way to schedule an service appointment.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Digital Voice: I can hear them but they can't hear me
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gerry1451,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes