Fios Digital Voice is Dropping Calls
Bigpaulie

Ever since switching from Freedom Essentials to Digital Voice, my calls are dropping.  Most of the time it the phone will just go back to a dial tone.  Other times the line just goes silent.  I only started having these problems the day I switched my bundle and they gave me Digital Voice.  They are coming out this week to replace the ONT back, but not confident this will fix the issue.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  It is getting very frustrating.  I have spent hours on the phone with support.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Digital Voice is Dropping Calls
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Bigpaulie,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue.  If you are still experincing a issue, I am going to send you a PM so that you can contact us for further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Tonya D. 
0 Likes
dbdb1

I'm glad I read this post.  I was considering switching to digital voice and it seems my reservations were warranted.

0 Likes
frustratedpat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon FIOS phone user since 8/30/2011.  I have been dropping calls almost since the first day!  I have had troubleshooting online 2x's and had a technician to my home 2x's.  I am still dropping calls.  I tracked how many calls were dropped in a seven day period,  There were 22 dropped calls in a week.  The calls sometimes come back, if I continue to hold the line 15-20 seconds.  Sometimes I just get a dial tone.  I wrote an email trying to get some assistance and was directed back to the online troubleshooting.  Is this the best Verizon can do?  I am in a 2 year contract that is going to be hard to honor if my service does not improve.  The technician suggested that perhaps a switch to traditional phone service might solve my problem.  Other Verizon employees suggest that I not use cordless phones, but get cordrd phones to solve the problem.  I am sorely disappointed in my decision to change companies.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi frustratedpat

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
rislats

My digital voice is also dropping calls (I never had a problem with Cox!).  I have had the ONT box changed.  The Verizon tech said my inside wiring was working fine.  I have used a regular CORDED phone and the calls STILL get dropped.  Sometimes when I pick up the phone to make a call there is no dial tone.  I dont have a contract and am becoming extremely frustrated with this phone problem.  The other issue is that every time I call to request service I get a bit of a runaround.  One Verizon person told me that since the problem was intermittent he could not dispatch anyone until he had evidence of the problem.  Luckily the call got dropped about 5 seconds later!  One Verizon person told me something about the digital voice voltage was incompatible with cordless phones - that is not an acceptable answer for a phone company.  My husband and I are certainly considering switching back to Cox.  I will try one more time to get this fixed!

0 Likes