Fios battery
carolynd11
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know if I'm asking this in the right place or not, but this morning I was in my garage and heard a beep.  I looked at the box on the wall for my fios and it said battery needs to be replaced.  What kind of battery do I need.  I don't want to lose my service, tomorrow is the superbowl and I'm having people over.  I need television.  Help!

OK, now that I'm no longer in panic mode I realized as long as I have electricity I will have service and I also found the site from

verizon to order a new battery.

OH well, dumb question of the day

0 Likes
Re: Fios battery
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

and FYI, the battery backup is only for the phone anyway in the event of a power outage so you can still get 911 service. it won't do any good for the intenet or TV...which if you were in backup mode you'd have no commercial power in the house anyway so the TV isn't gonna work Smiley Wink

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

i HAVE FIOS TV SINCE 2008, MY FIOS  BATTERY WAS REPLACED LAST YEAR, IT MAY BE DISTRIBLE YOUR TV, CALL FOR BATTERY REPLACE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE..

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

Call c/s now,they open 24/7,the battery is free for replacement

0 Likes
Not applicable

FYI, the battery replacement has a 1yr warranty from the installation date, after that period ends unless you signed up for "Expert Care" service (which covers the battery for life or until you close the account) the battery will need to be replaced at your own expense

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The cheapest I've found them is at amazon.com 12v 7.2ah sealed lead acid battery. F2 connector
0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

I opened FiOs on Oct. 2008, replaced free battery  on April 2011, It is free, Call C/s Verizon FiOs do not waste money.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

I did not see any policy is 1 year, it is the problem of the equitment of FiOs , why should you pay for?

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

For example, the set top box is not working, do you pay for replacement?, battery is same.

free call c/s

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's in Terms of Service

0 Likes