Getting new voicemail dial tone, but never setup voicemail
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

Voicemail is included in my package, but I never set it up because I prefer to use my in home answering machine.  Today, for the first time, my phone is producing the interrupted dial tone that indicates a new voicemail message.  What does this mean?  The verizon call assistant web page doesn't show that I have any voicemails.

0 Likes
Re: Getting new voicemail dial tone, but never setup voicemail
Hubrisnxs
Legend

stuttering or broken dialtone is usually a message waiting for you.  if you never set up your voicemail, then it's unlikely you set up the call assistant with the voicemail info.    so you have to give call assistant that info for it to grab your messages.

What you'll want to do is call your Voice Mail Access Number and check your message.   Your temporary password (if you never changed it) is the last four digits of your number.  in some area's people have said it's the 7 digit number, but try the last 4 digits of your phone number first.  

if that doesn't find the right Voice Mail Access Number for you to dial, then either open a chat support session, or call Verizon at

1-800-VERIZON

After you get in there and set up a new password and everything, then go to www.verizon.com/callassistant and log in.   then click on settings and you'll see a section for voicemail retrieval.    click on that and put your new password in and save it so you can access voicemail's online.   

0 Likes
ralphkader

How do I set up my voice mail?

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

stuttering or broken dialtone is usually a message waiting for you.  if you never set up your voicemail, then it's unlikely you set up the call assistant with the voicemail info.    so you have to give call assistant that info for it to grab your messages.

What you'll want to do is call your Voice Mail Access Number and check your message.   Your temporary password (if you never changed it) is the last four digits of your number.  in some area's people have said it's the 7 digit number, but try the last 4 digits of your phone number first.  

if that doesn't find the right Voice Mail Access Number for you to dial, then either open a chat support session, or call Verizon at

1-800-VERIZON

After you get in there and set up a new password and everything, then go to www.verizon.com/callassistant and log in.   then click on settings and you'll see a section for voicemail retrieval.    click on that and put your new password in and save it so you can access voicemail's online.   

I tried this, but when I click on the link to change "Voice Mail Retrieval Settings", it says "You are not currently a subscriber of Verizon Voice Mail. Add it to listen to Voice Mail messages using Verizon Call Assistant.".

I am able to access Voice Mail using my phone, and I set the ring count to its highest possible value of eight, but it still sometimes answers, even though my local answering machine is set to pick up after four rings.  I think the Verizon Voice Mail may be getting calls that come in while the local answering machine is getting a previous call.

Is there some way to stop Verizon Voice Mail from answering when the line is busy?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@ronzie wrote:

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

1-800-VERIZON

I tried this, but when I click on the link to change "Voice Mail Retrieval Settings", it says "You are not currently a subscriber of Verizon Voice Mail. Add it to listen to Voice Mail messages using Verizon Call Assistant.".

I am able to access Voice Mail using my phone, and I set the ring count to its highest possible value of eight, but it still sometimes answers, even though my local answering machine is set to pick up after four rings.  I think the Verizon Voice Mail may be getting calls that come in while the local answering machine is getting a previous call.

Is there some way to stop Verizon Voice Mail from answering when the line is busy?

If you logged into Verizon.com/callassistant succesfully and you're getting that message on the vms retreival settings then there may be a problem with how the voicemail is set up and you'll need to contact verizon's Call assistant group. 

dial 888-483-5156 

0 Likes
Caroline0323

Need a temporary voicemail password.

0 Likes