Got NoMoRobo, Incoming Call Block = ON, but still getting solicitations ....
PeteCress

... from callers without a numeric callerID.

My Settings:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMHDERDPAS7ZNjkd4SjIYEMJIXqtp_qKXEC3olBWOaR3vTHjLy8Ej0Zj0Nhs99U...

Call Log Screen Snap:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMHDERDPAS7ZNjkd4SjIYEMJIXqtp_qKXEC3olBWOaR3vTHjLy8Ej0Zj0Nhs99U...

Note "Unavailable".

I haven't been counting, but I *think* "AM HEART ASSOC", "FLORIDA", and "GULF COAST WEST" were single-rings that NoMoRobo successfully nailed.

Not so sure about "V71416255400017..".

Can anybody shed some light on why "Unavailable" got through even so Incoming Call Block = On ??

0 Likes
Re: Got NoMoRobo, Incoming Call Block = ON, but still getting solicitations ....
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hover over the unavailable and the am heart, and see if you actually get a number.

Nomorobo allows you to report numbers that slip thru.  I don't know if it can handle true unavailable numbers.  Verizon has a fee service to block such which is different than blocking those who have a anonymous or private numbers.

Re: Got NoMoRobo, Incoming Call Block = ON, but still getting solicitations ....
PeteCress

No, no number - and when I tried to add it to my phonebook just to see what happened, the PhoneBook process returned "Entries may only contain alphanumeric, _, and space.  Please re-enter...."

FWIW, I hovered over the other non-numeric "Call From"s  and each of them revealed a number... but "Unavailable" did not.

0 Likes
Larry19481

Nomorobo does not block calls from charities.  It does have an option to block or unblock political calls, but I'm not sure it works. 

0 Likes
PeteCress

On my NoMoRobo account screen, it allows Edits by phone number.

The two options are

• Disable political robocall blocking
  • Disable advanced robocall detection

No clue about the second one, but it looks like political calls are blocked by default.

I like NoMoRobo right now - but I can see that I am really going to like it when 2018 comes around..... -)

OTOH, I would pay a  few bucks to block calls from charities.   I wonder what the deal is with NoMoRobo's not blocking them.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The law protects charities, although they are suppose to give you an opt out options.

0 Likes