HELP! Who oversees landline service? FCC, Public Service Commission?
WhereToTurn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't know how to handle this situation anymore.  My legally blind, hard of hearing, 90-yr-old aunt has been disconnected by Verizon from her sole telephone service for the THIRD time.  Verizon states due to nonpayment. She states she received no bills the first time it  happened.  I set it up the second time listing my phone number as a contact if the bill was not paid. I received no notice and yet again her line was disconnected for nonpayment. Again, she claimed she received NO bill.  Thinking maybe she was mistaken, I set it up this third time in MY name, my address, my SS#.  I myself have received no bills.  I'm beside myself that I just got an e-mail from Verizon stating that service was yet again suspended!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Yes, it has been just over two months since service was installed and maybe I should have paid more attention to the time passing with no invoice, BUT Verizon obviously had my e-mail address to tell me the service was suspended.  Why would I at least not get an email that the account was overdue? 

I called customer service to discuss the repeated problem and the major concerns I had for discontinuing phone service for a disabled senior citizen and I was met with pure rudeness.  The rep would not give me the name of his supervisor. I am livid that I am being asked to pay a $40 "connection" charge when it is so obvious that Verizon is the one at fault for this mess.  I don't want to see anyone, let alone a senior, have to go through this again.  Worst customer service I have experienced in my entire life.  I could go on and on. 

Anyone know who I can make a formal complaint to?  This is just so absurd and so wrong on so many levels.

0 Likes
Re: HELP! Who oversees landline service? FCC, Public Service Commission?
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi WhereToTurn,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
WhereToTurn
Enthusiast - Level 1

As stated previously, I have set up service three times, have spoken with numerous Verizon representatives along the way in an attempt to get a BASIC phone line for a disabled senior citizen.  Each time I have been assured that it was set up properly.  I am sorry, but I have zero confidence now in Verizon's service.  This third and last time was just abominable after stressing the importance that it be done correctly and then being met with suspension yet again and a totally dismissive, rude customer service rep.  I really think it is necessary to escalate this to a more formal complaint. I will attempt to speak to Verizon, also, since there is no other company that can provide a landline in this area.  It is a most unfortunate situation. 

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hello WhereToTurn,

It appears that your issue is being handled through our private support portal. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue on your private support case as the support agents will not see the public boards.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

WhereToTurn

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Likes