HELP! Wrong Number on Traffic Referral on Cancelled Land Line!
plmills
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cancelled my Verizon personal land line and requested that all calls be referred to my personal cell phone number, also with Verizon.  Verizon put the WRONG NUMBER on the referral recording.  And it has been a NIGHTMARE dealing with Billing on this.  They told me the referral number cannot be changed, and I told them that is not acceptable.  I spend an hour on the phone yesterday morning, and 1.5 hours this morning. I have extensively documented my dealings with Verizon on this.  I have names, dates, and times.  I have emailed customer support, sent 4 emails to corporate, and written several letters mailed out this morning.  I need help!  This cannot stand!  I have had that phone number for many many years, and anyone who calls it now gets a recording telling them the number has been changed to_____ but the number is WRONG!  HELP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP! Wrong Number on Traffic Referal on Cancelled Land Line!
plmills
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got someone to help me.  Tonya {edited for privacy}just called and told me the matter had been resolved. 

It is a shame that I had to kick and scream to get Verizon to fix an error they made.  I hope the letters and emails I sent cause serious problems for those employees who screwed up and told me "too bad, so sad"!  In this age of high unemployment, there is no reason Verizon should tolerate such poor customer service.

I canceled my land line with the intent to get an iPhone next month.  After this, I am seriously considering the other carrier.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Sorry you are having difficulty with your number transfer.  An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
plmills
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it ludicrus that Verizon makes an error of this nature, and Verizon Billing tells me, "too bad, so sad, it can't be fixed".  I have had three different people with Verizon Billing tell me this, and two were supposedly "floor supervisors". 

I cannot believe that Verison would not be continually sued if they allowed such an error to stand with a commercial account, how can they allow it to stand with a personal account?

Their customer service is not anything to be proud of.  Thank goodness I have other choices in carriers.

0 Likes
plmills
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got someone to help me.  Tonya {edited for privacy}just called and told me the matter had been resolved. 

It is a shame that I had to kick and scream to get Verizon to fix an error they made.  I hope the letters and emails I sent cause serious problems for those employees who screwed up and told me "too bad, so sad"!  In this age of high unemployment, there is no reason Verizon should tolerate such poor customer service.

I canceled my land line with the intent to get an iPhone next month.  After this, I am seriously considering the other carrier.

0 Likes
loganward

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem and hope you can help. My family and I recently moved. We canceled our two Verizon land lines but kept our two Verizon cell numbers. The agent asked what numbers we wanted calls to the former numbers referred to. I gave her one cell number for each canceled line. She said the automated messages would refer callers to the cell numbers for 12 months. I asked if there was a charge, and she said no. She was very helpful and seemed totally competant, gave me confirmation numbers for each cancellation. Here's the problem:

The automated response on line 1 works fine. Callers are referred to my wife's cell. But the message on line 2 just says the line has been disconnected and gives no further info--a big, big problem. I've spent hours on the phone with support agents and escalation reps. They admit that Verizon made a mistake but all say it's too late to change it, which simply isn't acceptable. And today, the supervisor I spoke with tried to explain that there's a $20/month fee for including a referral number on the automated message. He agreed to reinstall service for the second line and then cancel it, though he's going to charge me for that too. This seems crazy, when the mistake wasn't mine. Please, please help me resolve what seems like such a simple issue--and is clouding my otherwise decent opinion of Verizon. There's also the fact that we spend nearly $4,000 as Verizon customers.

0 Likes