Have I been slammed?
need_fios_info
Enthusiast - Level 3

Someone on this forum (just before thread was locked) made me aware that Verizon should not be allowed to "slam" me.

https://www.fcc.gov/general/slamming-policy

"Slamming is the unlawful practice of changing a subscriber's selection of a provider of telephone service without that subscriber's knowledge or permission."

I was forced to upgrade my POTS+DSL to fiber recently, with the threat of losing all service. I have had AT&T international long distance for 30+ years.  After about a month I discovered that Verizon had hijacked all long distance, including international,  leaving me with a huge bill because I now have no international calling plan with anyone (not even Verizon).

I called AT&T and they confirmed that they were no longer receiving my long distance calls.

0 Likes
Re: Have I been slammed?
jonjones1
Legend

I was the poster who gave you the link.

at the FCC there is a complaint form, it has a drop down feature to select verizon and then other drop down selections of what your concern or complaint is. Use it.

if you cannot access your long distance service (AT&T) you have been cut off from you have been slammed. Contact the FCC who works very quickly in these matters.

you can also contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search who can also take care of your issue.

0 Likes
need_fios_info
Enthusiast - Level 3

Contacting the FCC was useless. Here is the sequence of events after filing complaint with FCC:

Got email from FCC that their role is to facilitate communication with Verizon.

Got a phone message from Verizon customer relations person who left phone number but never returned call, even after I left half a dozen messages over several weeks. This person's job apparently is to fulfill an obligation to attempt contact customer a single time.

Forwarded this lack of response to the FCC via email. Got the same "facilitatating communication" email in return, then got a message from a different person at a different location who did return my call. Apparently I have now been escalated to the staff that will return calls because I was persistent. However, once this person found out the issue was "slamming", she said that is handled by a different department and someone else would be contacting me. No one contacted me.

Forwarded this information to the FCC via email, and still have never received any communication from Verizon.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search and tell them what is going on.

you must have a phone number that is answered 24/7 and this is a must. You cannot just let it roll over to voicemail.

you could also call your previous provider and have them take you back.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi need_fios_info,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes