Help! Verizon won't port old phone number over to my FIOS house landline.
rockyroad911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, need help on resolving this issue with Verizon.  Had Verizon FIOS triple play installed at my house about 12 days ago.  HD Prime, 15/5 internet and Digital Voice landline.  I switched from TimeWarner cable.    I signed up online for Verizon FIOS and tried to use my current house  telephone number when signing up.  Next day I get a call from a Verizon rep telling me my order was lost even thou I had a confirmation number and that I would have to redo my online sign up.

I wanted to keep my old telephone number that I had with TimeWarner and port it over to Verizon.  What I did to save my old house phone number was I ported my TimeWarner house telephone number over to an activated cellular Tracfone that I own.  So I resigned up online and selected a new telephone number and the order went thru and I had my FIOS installed at my house.

What I have learned from talking with Verizon billing, is because my old telephone number  that I had with TimeWarner  had been originally given to me by Verizon many years back and then it was  ported over to TimeWarner from Verizon that Verizon now won't port the old number back over to my house landline  because they have already ported it out once years ago for me. 

One suggested I create a new account, don't know it this can be done or not.  I got a really good price on the FIOS Triple Play bundle I had installed and don't want to loose the great Verizon FIOS price deal I have.

Really frustrated at this point, being told before installation that I could keep my old phone number, spending a lot of time on the phone and then being told I can't do it after installation is completed.

Any ideas on how to get or make Verizon port over my old telephone number I have on my Tracfone now to my Verizon FIOS landline?  I was told by a Verizon rep that it can't be done and they won't do it since the telephone number is my old Verizon phone number from many years ago that they ported out they won't port in back it now.   Wow, talk about a "Can't do" attitude.

Any and all constructive input is welcomed.  Thanks for reading this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help! Verizon won't port old phone number over to my FIOS house landline.
rockyroad911
Enthusiast - Level 2

= = = = = =  UPDATE  = = = = = =

Problem solved! 

Thank you to this board for bringing the attention to my problem.  I am really amazed at the number of Verizon people I contacted before posting here that told me my number could not be ported over to my landline but after posting on this forum and filing the FCC complaint my phone number has now been successfully ported over to my home landline. 

I want to thank the Verizon employees that helped me in resolving the problems of porting my number over, Thank You!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
rockyroad911
Enthusiast - Level 2

= = = = = = = = = =     UPDATE  :  Filed FCC Complaint  = = = = = = = = = = =

After wasting too much time with Verizon on trying to resolve this and being informed by a person who contacted me that this could be in violation of FCC regulations for number portability, I've filed a complaint with the FCC on this and have a FCC complaint confirmation number.   Didn't want to do this but I don't like being lied to and deceived by Verizon about not being able to port by number over after signing up with them.

0 Likes
rockyroad911
Enthusiast - Level 2

= = = = = =  UPDATE  = = = = = =

Problem solved! 

Thank you to this board for bringing the attention to my problem.  I am really amazed at the number of Verizon people I contacted before posting here that told me my number could not be ported over to my landline but after posting on this forum and filing the FCC complaint my phone number has now been successfully ported over to my home landline. 

I want to thank the Verizon employees that helped me in resolving the problems of porting my number over, Thank You!

0 Likes
pennydog2
Accepted SolutionHelp! Verizon won't port old phone number over to my FIOS house landline.[ New ]

Hi, need help on resolving this issue with Verizon. Had Verizon FIOS triple play installed at my house about 12 days ago. HD Prime, 15/5 internet and Digital Voice landline. I switched from TimeWarner cable. I signed up online for Verizon FIOS and tried to use my current house telephone number when signing up. Next day I get a call from a Verizon rep telling me my order was lost even thou I had a confirmation number and that I would have to redo my online sign up.

I wanted to keep my old telephone number that I had with TimeWarner and port it over to Verizon. What I did to save my old house phone number was I ported my TimeWarner house telephone number over to an activated cellular Tracfone that I own. So I resigned up online and selected a new telephone number and the order went thru and I had my FIOS installed at my house.

What I have learned from talking with Verizon billing, is because my old telephone number that I had with TimeWarner had been originally given to me by Verizon many years back and then it was ported over to TimeWarner from Verizon that Verizon now won't port the old number back over to my house landline because they have already ported it out once years ago for me.

One suggested I create a new account, don't know it this can be done or not. I got a really good price on the FIOS Triple Play bundle I had installed and don't want to loose the great Verizon FIOS price deal I have.

Really frustrated at this point, being told before installation that I could keep my old phone number, spending a lot of time on the phone and then being told I can't do it after installation is completed.

Any ideas on how to get or make Verizon port over my old telephone number I have on my Tracfone now to my Verizon FIOS landline? I was told by a Verizon rep that it can't be done and they won't do it since the telephone number is my old Verizon phone number from many years ago that they ported out they won't port in back it now. Wow, talk about a "Can't do" attitude.

Any and all constructive input is welcomed. Thanks for reading this.

0 Likes
JohnLa

Help me please!   I am experiencing a very similar issue. I would like to sign up with the Verizon Triple Play (FIOS/Internet & VOIP phone) and was told verizon does not port numbers from Vonage - even though it was originally a Verizon number from 15 years back.  below is a portion of the actual conversation. Any help from Verizon would be appreciated.

regards,

John

0 Likes