Help with Billing and vanity number?
HenrikIbsen

So here's what I want to do. I want to get verizon home phone service, under my name, at my buddy's house, and have the bill sent to me. I want it at his house because in his area I can get the number I want. Then, I want to port the number to my verizon wireless account. Then, I want to port that (now cell) number over to my new sprint account (which will already have an old number by this point.

A few questions: one—can you have home phone service but have your bills sent elsewhere? Two, if this service is for a new line, will he have to deal with technicians or anything? I just want to do get one month of service and then immediately cancel.  Will there be any issues with his first number? Basically, I'm trying to have it done, with his consent, but having no impact on his current phone service and life.

Second, all these portings, if I do them in order, they should work out, right?

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Re: Help with Billing and vanity number?
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

@HenrikIbsen wrote:

I just want to do get one month of service and then immediately cancel.  Will there be any issues with his first number? Second, all these portings, if I do them in order, they should work out, right?

You are going to have to sign up for a contract of at least one year for most any telephone service. In addition, all of those portings will quickly become a nightmare in my opinion. Porting is not immediate and sometimes takes weeks to go through.

Good luck though.

0 Likes
HenrikIbsen

I don't believe that is accurate. You don't have to sign up for a year of service. And yes, I realize how much work this is, but I still want to do it. Can you help me with any of my other questions?

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

There will be no impact on his first line no, but it may require a tech going to the prem to run the second line in. You didn't say whether your friend was on copper phone lines or FiOS.  Are you actually going to USE this second line when first installed or just try to start all this porting?

0 Likes
HenrikIbsen

On copper.  I'm hoping that they can just flip a switch at the central office, but if not, how much work will the technician have to do at his apartment? what type of stuff? I don't really think he'll go for it, then 😞

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Truthfully you will need to call orders to find out several things first. One.. will they let you receive a second seperate bill to the same address. Two.. is the porting that you are looking to do feasible. Third.. the cost of that install.  As far as what work would need to be done at the prem, I can't tell you without knowing what is currently in place there.  Orders should be able to work with you on that though. 

0 Likes
HenrikIbsen

Answering questions one and two, I know the answer is yes. If my friend's property already has five lines, and they say they might be able to do it at the switching office, or they mght have to go and do something, what then?

0 Likes