How do I change the Length of vmail message allowed for callers?
JDandy1

Since switching over to digital, it seems that the vmail length for recording the caller's message is about 30 seconds.  I have a number of friends & family complaining that it's cutting them off.  How can I extend this to 60 seconds? or even 120?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: How do I change the Length of vmail message allowed for callers?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the troubles you are having with the voicemail. The userguide for the Digital Voice service can be found at https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf . Unfortunately there is no option to extend the message capability.

0 Likes
Re: How do I change the Length of vmail message allowed for callers?
JDandy1

Thanks for letting me know.  That's really disappointing then - I'm positive that the recording length was much longer in the past and this problem only cropped up once I switched to digital voice.  I find it somewhat unacceptable, as cheap as storage is these days - how much more could it cost to extend that to 60 seconds?  Or at least give those of us who's callers complain an option to extend it?

It's not progress if you give us better technology but restrict our capabilities.

This may be the thing that has me switching over to Comcast (which I really, really, don't want to do).

If you can pass my concerns along to the right people, it'd be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Anthony!

0 Likes