How to get home phone line fixed by Verizon - They keep NOT showing up.
sjv

In the past two weeks every time it rains, my home phone line looses dial tone and only has static in the line. Obviously there's some moisture related issue in the line. I have made three request calls to Verizon and they've missed their scheduled committed time three times.

Is there a trick that works to get Verizon to come and repair the lines?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How to get home phone line fixed by Verizon - They keep NOT showing up.
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hi SJV...Nope no tricks and sorry to read we have missed 3 appointments. Constance here...I will be more than happy to help. If you would please send me your account telephone number via private  message and I will look into it for you. I agree that it sounds like a moisture issue. Thanks.

0 Likes
vcorde
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem in Nov. Had 3 missed appointments. Products are great, service and installation stink. Have been on the phone with support for more than 6 hours since trying to correct their mistakes. I use Windows Sound Recorder with a cordless phone connected with a cable from the headset jack to mic input of PC to have permanent digital file of all calls to customer service. This way they can't say "we never would tell you blah, blah"

0 Likes
junior437t

I have had similar results with Verizon not showing up for "noise or static" on the line. There is approximately 1/2 mile of underground line coming to my house. In the last 5 years, nearly every time it rains, my phone goes out. It takes 3 to 4 days for someone to come out and many times by then, the noise is gone. Finally a tech started coming out and he started remaking all the splices and it had been improving. In the last 2 months, the same problem and 3 to 4 days for someone to come out.  It was out 4 days last week, so much noise on line you could not hear and random ringing. It would ring 1 time at random times. Now today there is no dial tone and it has rang 1 time 7 times today, no dial tone. I called for service and was told it would be between 9:00 and 5:00 between today and December 23. I filled out the forms on the online contact page and have not received an automatic reply with a tracking number. I have checked in the "Spam" box. I realize this is long winded but very frustrated here. Thanks

0 Likes
Manakuppy

I don't know if it's a good thing or not but I ALSO have the EXACT problems you all have mentioned above.  Pretty much as soon as it rains I can always count on my home phone losing connection or becoming EXTREMELY staticy.  Clearly there has to be some issue that VERIZON is not addressing here if this many people are having the EXACT same problem.  I have also called customer support for advice and not gotten any real help, by the time anyone is able to come it fixes itself.  What's the solution Verizon?!?!?  I can tell you one thing everybody...I DID NOT have these issues with cablevision.

0 Likes
DARPA-LABS
Enthusiast - Level 3

We had the same issue now the Jersey shore, rain and the whole street would have issues.  Unfortunately, these types of issues are very hard to pinpoint at times as once the rain stops the culprit eludes detection.

After two service calls, they sent out a team of guys.  Three trucks, they tracked the problem to a splice box a mile away!   They ended up re-splicing the lines - no problem since.

The future is fiber,  VZ knows this and they are dealing with a 100 year old copper infrastructure.  The likely resolution will be fiber replacement - fiber to the homes of all voice customers.  In the meanwhile, those that switch to FiOS get the upgrade today  - the voice only customers deal with issues typical of a 100 year old infrastructure. The key to dealing with issues like this is persistence and reporting it ASAP so the line tests can confirm the shorts and so forth which help the techs isolate the issues.

One reason VZ has not rolled fiber to the homes of all voice customers is because VZ must allow AT&T and others to provide local service on THEIR lines.  This is an old Bell System breakup requirement, thus there is little incentive for VZ to front the costs involved with maintaining and allowing others such as AT&T a free ride per say.  VZ thinks, why should we roll out fiber to everyone - then allow AT&T and others the benefit off our billions in infrastructure investments?  I agree - so until the government dumps the old Bell System breakup rules - you will not see VZ dumping money into something that other companies can make out on.

MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Darpa hit the nail on the head.   My parents had a similar problem.  Whenever it rains, they got static on the line.   Took 4 weeks and 3 storms to find it.  Now they are trouble free.

Ironically, this last time, they also ran into the problem of 1 no show.  They were told someone would show up, I called the service office later in the day to confirm they were coming and I was told they were coming.  Well, they didn't.  When I called the next day, the person I spoke with said they were coming that day and there was no record of anyone supposed to come the day before.    huh?????

But the static problem is fixed. 🙂   Personally, after the 2nd missed appointment, I'd call back and ask to speak with a supervisor as soon as they said hello.   And,  get everyone's names to document it.   Seems like whenever you ask for a name, everything takes on a little more serious air....kind of like what companies realized when the IVRs became popular that if they say your call is being recorded for 'quality & training' purposes, they found people were less abusive.

0 Likes