How to turn off Freedom Essentials Voice Mail
Pickwick

Would prefer not to use the Verizon voice mail, and was told when I signed up for this plan I did not have to.  However, when the service kicked in on the 19th, all calls go to the Verizon voice mail.  I want them to go to my voicemail that's part of my telephone set. How do I turn off the Verizon voice mail so calls will be directed to the voice mail in my telephone set?

0 Likes
Re: How to turn off Freedom Essentials Voice Mail
jshfeb84

Theres two ways to do what you want. Lower the amount of rings your answering machine picks up after or contact their billing dept so they can remove voicemail off your account.

0 Likes
Pickwick

Thank you so much for the suggestions. What I ended up having to do is phone Verizon, and they removed that service from my acct.  Verizon voicemail is preset to pick up after 4 rings, and can't be altered.  I often can't get to a phone in that short a time. Fortunately my phone's own built-in answering machine can wait 7 rings.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Pickwick wrote:

Thank you so much for the suggestions. What I ended up having to do is phone Verizon, and they removed that service from my acct.  Verizon voicemail is preset to pick up after 4 rings, and can't be altered.  I often can't get to a phone in that short a time. Fortunately my phone's own built-in answering machine can wait 7 rings.

Actually, the number of rings for Verizon voice mail can be set by the customer.  I just checked.

0 Likes