I cannot receive incoming calls
Yan0000

I can make outgoing calls on both of my landline phones but users get a busy tone when they call. 1hr wait time to call Verizon on the phone. Help! Please open a case for me. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
John_H2
Enthusiast - Level 1

It turned out to be a CO database problem.  Somehow they had swapped my phone number with another.  When I could get a dialtone and dial someone, the Caller-ID phone number was not mine, but another local number.  If they called that number, then my phone would ring and the call completed if I answered. 

I don't think the other party was receiving any of my calls, since the Verizon online call log indicated all calls for two days to my number as "Call Missed". 

Armed with this information, I called Verizon back during the day, got an intelligent, curious agent, who immediately put the ticket on the network queue - what I asked the guy the night before to do.    Once the network group got it, they fixed it within 30 minutes. 

Moral of the story - don't count on much from the late night agents located far, far away to do anything but follow their scripted procedures... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I cannot receive incoming calls
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Yan0000,

Were you able to get through to a Verizon agent on the phone?
0 Likes
John_H2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same problem - outgoing calls but no incoming - callers get one ring then FAST BUSY.  They insist on sending a technician to my house even though it is obviously a Central Office problem.  And it will be two days until he can come.   

In the past, they would route the ticket to the CO guys who would fix it.  Maybe with FIOS Digital Voice there are no CO guys...

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like it could be inside wire issue. If there is a slight short on line that would cause the phone to not right. With fdv there is no co guys because its on the fiber and not going to a pots switch. So either inside wire or maybe ont. 

0 Likes
John_H2
Enthusiast - Level 1

It turned out to be a CO database problem.  Somehow they had swapped my phone number with another.  When I could get a dialtone and dial someone, the Caller-ID phone number was not mine, but another local number.  If they called that number, then my phone would ring and the call completed if I answered. 

I don't think the other party was receiving any of my calls, since the Verizon online call log indicated all calls for two days to my number as "Call Missed". 

Armed with this information, I called Verizon back during the day, got an intelligent, curious agent, who immediately put the ticket on the network queue - what I asked the guy the night before to do.    Once the network group got it, they fixed it within 30 minutes. 

Moral of the story - don't count on much from the late night agents located far, far away to do anything but follow their scripted procedures... 

0 Likes