I'm Livid! Updated Service Tag with what I had done to help and it got moved out another 5 days!
Richmondron

We called on 9/5 to let Verizon know that we didn't have a dialtone just a loud buzz. They scheduled us for a visit on 9/15. I felt that was ridiculous and yester day spent some time troubleshooting. I traced the signal from a large green terminal box to the smaller green box on our property and to the interface box there was a buzz everywhere. We had a "no dialtone" situation while the strike was going on and the folks that came them ran a new wire and just left it on top of the ground. I disconnected that from the house line and the buzz went away. I disconnected the wires coming into the interface box from the terminals they connect to and wired the house wires directly to them and the phone works great. I went online and after two hours of screwing around and emailing back and forth with my wife finally got to where I could up date the repair ticket. It seems that Verizon thinks that everyone who wants to contact them is at home with the last bill they paid in their hand.....not the case! Anyway, I opened the ticket and clicked to edit the comments. I tried as best I could to give them a detailed description of what I had done and found, and to remind them that the wire still needed to be buried. When I clicked "Update" I was told comments could be no more than 250 characters! That would have been VERY HANDY to know BEFORE I went through the trouble of being as complete as I could. I then edited out all but the minimal information and clicked "Update". I was told that the ticket was successfully updated and that the date they would be there had gone from 9/15 to 9/20! When I logged out to log back in for a double-check there was nothing different in the comments than from what was there when I first opened it. So basically I have spent over three hours of work time in an effort to help Verizon do their job, and my only apparent reward is to have the scheduled time they will come out to fix things moved out another week!

Can someone explain this to me?

0 Likes
Re: I'm Livid! Updated Service Tag with what I had done to help and it got moved out another 5 days!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with getting the repair done in a timely manner. I have sent you a private message to get additional information from you.

0 Likes
Re: I'm Livid! Updated Service Tag with what I had done to help and it got moved out another 5 days!
Richmondron

Anthony,

Did you get the form I filled out?

0 Likes