Illegal Charges
strengthcoach
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am constantly charged for one time service fees that there is no way possible are occuring at my residence.  We have not had a phone plugged into the wall for over 2 years to make any calls let alone call 411 or *69 each month.   Everytime I call verizon it is a huge issue to deal with and depending on the first person they may or may not politely retract on the bills, if they play hardball I always have to ask for their boss.  

Most recently someone told me they would block 411 so it would not happen again, but oddly enough I was bill for 3 more 411 calls and a *69 call for the upcoming month.   When I call today I plan to ask for the first persons boss, than that persons boss to hopefully get high enough up the chain to annoy someone with more important things to do.

As if it is odd enough I routinely am billed for services I do not use, it is even more interesting to note not a single verizon rep can tell me when the calls were/are placed... in 2017 when every single thing is recorded, you would think that would be very easy, like click a few buttons and 'oh, you called 411 on 3/18/17 at 10:05pm and were on the line for 95 seconds'..but no one can.  

Additionally, the charges are billed for future date ranges, ie: my April 20th bill shows almost $10 in one time usage fees listed April 20-May 19th...  how do they know I will call 411 five times in that month?!  

Very concerning/disappointing as I wonder how many verizon customers on autopay never look at their bills, don't faithfully budget their finances and literally have no clue they are being charged $3 here, $10 there, $6 the next month, maybe $17 the following...and so on..

0 Likes
Re: Illegal Charges
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi strengthcoach,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes