Immediate help
Dave2128

Is there no number at Verizon at which you can speak with a live person about a service problem?
I've spent the last 30 minutes going through the online and automated phone systems and I still haven't been able to talk to a real person!

I even got to a point in the automated phone service that prompted you to say "agent" if you needed immediate assistance, and even saying "agent" took me to yet another automated menu.

This is totally ridiculous! If a Verizon rep is reading this and can call me (look up my number from your computer), I would appreciate it!

0 Likes
Re: Immediate help
zippigy

I am having the same problem.  I hold in queue for about 20 minutes and then it disconnects.  What I am understanding is that the phone company Verizon no longer uses phone service.

How is someone supposed to change their services or dispute charges that are incorrect?

Verizon wonders why everyone is moving away from telephone companies in favor of VoIP.  This is why!  Horrific service!

0 Likes
OscarWilde1

Feel for you.  I've been trying to reach a person all morning, too.  You just have to realize that India is sleeping right now. :-).

0 Likes
LGB2

I went through the same thing last night and am going through it again right now.  My elderly parents have no phone, internet, or TV.  I called Verizon and after spending over 1 hour on the phone then finally getting to a live person, they told me a technician could not come out until next Friday (a week later).  I told them that was unacceptable because my parents are elderly and need at least their phone for emergencies.  Jeff Pinto did not care and continued to tell me there are many in the queue before my parents and it didn't matter that they were elderly.  Again I told him it was unacceptable.  I finally asked to speak to his manager.  He told me his manager was Rene Williams and that she was not available.  I asked to speak to anyone at the next level.  Jeff told me there was no one.

I had to continue to be persistant  because I felt my parents could be at risk without a phone.  They could have a medical emergency since they have health issues, or their house could catch on fire and any number of other possibilities could come into play.  Botom line, Verizon should not be in the phone business if they cannot ensure all people have phone service at all times.  You would think they would have learned from the 9-1-1 disaster in and around Washington DC this summer.

Finally Jeff said he would connect me to another supervisor (all of a sudden their was one there now). After another wait Rishand came on the phone.  He seemed like he could help me and in fact asked if my parents had medical conditions (I had already told Jeff they did).  Once I said yes, he said he was able to get them an appointment for the next day (today).  He told me a technician would be at their home between 8:00 - noon.  Here it is 4:15 pm and no sign of a technician and no communication saying they were going to be delayed or were not coming.  Verizon has my cell phone number as a contact.

I am currently on the phone (on hold for over 45 minutes already now) waiting to speak to someone because their online system says that they were supposed to be there and have this resolved by 11:59 AM this morning, but then it also says a technician will be there between 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm today.  It's already 4:15 and no technician and no communication.

Verizon is way out of line here expecting elderly people with medical conditions to go this long without phone service.  If they cannot keep their equipment working and/or do not have enough technicians to get things repaired in a timely fashion (one week later is totally unacceptable), then they should pay for people to be lodged somewhere else and/or get out of the phone business.

Verizon folks, if you are out there and reading this, please know there are many elderly people you are putting at risk by not having sufficient staff to fix their issues.  Also please know that I have plenty of time while I sit on hold to notify as many people and agencies (FCC, BBB, etc) as i see fit to ensure that Verizon is made to fix these issues.  Perhaps I will add the news agencies to my list as well. 

Again, totally unacceptible!!!!  Shame on you Verizon!!!!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Dave2128,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes