Incoming Call Block NOT Working
mm129988

I have Anonymous Call Block turned on but I keep getting calls from "UNAVAILABLE"/"UNKNOWN NUMBER".  This seems pretty anonymous to me.  Why is this feature not working?   I can not use selective number rejection as a number is not coming through. Help. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Incoming Call Block NOT Working
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@mm129988 wrote:

I have Anonymous Call Block turned on but I keep getting calls from "UNAVAILABLE"/"UNKNOWN NUMBER".  This seems pretty anonymous to me.  Why is this feature not working?   I can not use selective number rejection as a number is not coming through. Help. Any ideas?

Anonymous Call Block rejects most phone calls from callers who have blocked the display of their telephone numbers from a Caller ID device. Anonymous Call Block will not block calls made to you from outside your local calling area or through operator assistance.

When Anonymous Call Block is activated, and there is a call to your number from a caller who has blocked the display of their number, your telephone will not ring and nothing will appear on your Caller ID display unit. The caller will hear an announcement telling them that you are not accepting blocked calls. They will be instructed to hang up, unblock their number, and dial again if they want to reach you.
a possibility there.  
0 Likes
LIS4

I have the Incoming Call Blocking (for up to 10 numbers) set for 1 individual number currently.  For the past few days I've been trying to add two more individual numbers.  I keep getting an "ALERT" message that tells me there are technical difficulties, to re-try in 1-2 minutes, and to call Support at the 888-553-1555 otherwise.  After multiple automated attendant strings and long holds, I've been trying to get to the right person to help me for 2 days.

I'm getting pretty frustrated ... and the political poll calls, from Washington D.C., that I'm trying to block aren't helping the situation.  Verizon Support/Help-desk personal have been at a total loss to assist.  Recently they suggested I try this route.  Can someone here help?  What's the deal on this feature?  I was able to add 1 number to the BLOCKED list and I haven't heard from them since.  Why can't I add more as promised?

Thanks!

0 Likes
TLL1

I'm having a similar issue.  I'm able to add up to 10 numbers but the calls are still coming through, which defeats the entire purpose.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what web browser do you use, and can you try a different one?    the popular ones are internet explorer and google chrome and firefox.  

0 Likes
Simply_Jeff

I'm also having the same problem with Call Blocking. I have added indiviual numbers that I don't want getting through, but they come through anyways. This is not a problem with my internet browser, because I can see the number that I've added and it stays there. The verizon system just isn't doing its job!

0 Likes
BethH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anonymous call rejection doesn't always work.  I complained about mine last year and was told that it was working...duhhh.  Later that day, another call came through.  I have noticed that, if I answer when they come through, it is usually some sort of political poll.  Maybe they've found a way to bypass it.

0 Likes
jespat1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I block a number from coming in?

0 Likes
salmirsd

I am having the same problem.  An I've found that Verizon is not very technically adept when it comes to email and other things.  Sure, I can get the internet and phone working, but this call blocking -- I get a ring, and either no one is there or it's an anonymous call.  Something is wrong wit that.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
LIS4

salmirsd,

This is a bad time of year for Political Survey calls and people calling for $ contributions from charity organizations.  These calls are auto-dialed via Call Center Technology which means that quite often the human caller on the Call Center side of things hasn't readily heard the tone in their headset indicating that you (the recipient of the call) answered the phone.  They typically won't connect unless there is an answer on your end.  Quite often they are goofing off, sipping/swallowing a drink, or talking to their fellow employee, etc., and don't connect right away because they failed to hear the tone in their ear indicating you have.  If you want to try something sometime, and you know it's one of those "UNAVAILABLE" caller-id calls, pick up the phone, stay silent for awhile, and then snap your fingers into the mouthpiece of the receiver.  Then they will answer and you can hang up on them.

That might be what you are experiencing.  Nuisance callers rarely will show you their callback number ... that way you have difficulty blocking them.  Just a thought for you to consider as to why this may be happening.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes