Incoming Call Block
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I used incoming Call Block on my TV  for a number that keeps calling. It confirmed it was on the Call Block list. However, yesterday that numbr called again. I again clicked on Call Block and a  notice came up saying that number was already on the Call Block list.

I have never used this feature before and I ddn't setup the Voicemail feature on my computer. Do you need to do that for the incoming Call block feature to work? All the other features such as Call Back, Delete Call, etc. work without using that setup on the computer.

Holly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incoming Call Block
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Depends on what the number is, it may not be able to be blocked by Verizon. 

If it's out of area, a cell phone or a business number, then there's a possibility that it simply can't be blocked by them.  a caller ID manager (you would buy that at a store) can block it if it's one of those scenario's. 

Call BlockYou can use Call Block to automatically block incoming calls using a screening list that you create. Call Block will reject calls from phone numbers that match those on your Call Block list. Your Call Block list is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

When a blocked caller reaches your telephone number, they will hear a recording saying you are not presently accepting calls. You can temporarily deactivate Call Block or change your Call Block list at any time.

Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.

All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.

View solution in original post

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No it should not be needed to for the call block to work. Even though you have the number in the call block list, please make sure you have the feature enabled. For more information on using call block, please refer to https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf  . If you need any additional assistance, please reply back to let us know.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I already had read the Verizon Guide,but went back again (It's on Page 8.) It has no place on the TV to activate this feature, although it keeps telling me the number I blocked is already on the blocked list.

Holly

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Depends on what the number is, it may not be able to be blocked by Verizon. 

If it's out of area, a cell phone or a business number, then there's a possibility that it simply can't be blocked by them.  a caller ID manager (you would buy that at a store) can block it if it's one of those scenario's. 

Call BlockYou can use Call Block to automatically block incoming calls using a screening list that you create. Call Block will reject calls from phone numbers that match those on your Call Block list. Your Call Block list is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

When a blocked caller reaches your telephone number, they will hear a recording saying you are not presently accepting calls. You can temporarily deactivate Call Block or change your Call Block list at any time.

Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.

All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.

pbart1
Enthusiast - Level 1
I recently had a similar scenario with United Way robo-caller calling me repeatedly despite it being on my block list. Verizon tech support said United Way is not blocked since they are a 'reputable' company. I argued that was subjective opinion and irrelevant; blocked list should block! And/or limitations should be declared and not hidden as obscure footnote in user guide. This may or may not apply to your situation. Just sharing my recent experience with Verizon. Good Luck.
rkujay1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting calls which caller ID shows as 'Unavailable'. Both with phone numbers (mostly spoofed) and without. What is the point of call block if it cannot block what it is intended to block?  Moreover, why limit the number of blocks? These pro spammers have a virtually unlimited number of phone numbers to use to spam me. Verizon is the phone company for crying out loud. One would think that they might use a bit of their tech savvy to get rid of this annoying junk.

DowntownAB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a couple of annoying numbers on my call block list. I used the Verizon web site to add these.  But i keep getting calls.  I contacted the support chat and was told this is a known error and there's no date or estimate when it will be fixed.  What use is this feature if it doesn't work.  These sales calls are so annoyind its a waste of time reporting them on the gov's DO NOT CALL site. I'm thinking of cancelling my Verizon home phone, it's more trouble than it's worth and go back to just having my cell phone. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not precisely a feature that doesn't work.  But some incoming calls are sent in such a way that the caller gets around call blocking, and they are trying to fix it.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

Use DO NOT DISTURB features, it will be working

0 Likes
SueLin1

How can I place incoming Call Blocks on numbers that show up on my caller ID as Out of the Area, and the number contains less than 10 digits?

SueLin

0 Likes