Incoming calls not able to leave Voicemail msgs -- get VM RETRIEVE prompts
MJ-Also
Enthusiast - Level 2

Incoming callers are not getting my VM greeting / options to leave a voice mail msg.  Instead, they are getting the prompts to access my Voice mail box (the prompts I would get if I called my coince mail from a cell phone).  This has been happening at least the last 2 days.  Trying to get through to a service rep has proved to be impossible ... 'all the agents are busy'.  I have sent Verizon an email, since that seemed to be the only way open to report this.

Anyone else with this issue in central Maryland?

MJ

0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls not able to leave Voicemail msgs -- get VM RETRIEVE prompts
prisaz
Legend

Working fine in Montgomery County. Do you have digital voice for your service, or plain old telephone?

Have you tried the Contact Us page. If you select Call Us, they have chat session support during certain hours. I have known the hold que for support on the phone to be anywhere from 15-45 minutes or more.

The Online Chat support shows available right now from my zip code. You may want to try that. They have helped me before.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls not able to leave Voicemail msgs -- get VM RETRIEVE prompts
MJ-Also
Enthusiast - Level 2

A delightfully useless answer, prisaz.

Yes, I went through all the various ways to contact support ... posting here was the last / final action to take.

Problem seems to have resolved itself overnight.

0 Likes