Incorrect time on caller ID
Bricks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday (11-24-2021) I had service done to fix a problem with the TV service. The ONT was replaced and everything seemed to be working ok.  Now I notice that when I get calls on my LAND LINE, the caller ID timestamp is 5 hours ahead.  There was no problem before the service work yesterday.

I have a stand alone caller ID device as well as desk top phones that display the caller ID information with the time of the call.  The time is 5 hours off, 9am here shows as 2pm on device.

I have tried working with Verizon support through their "chat" as well as talking to a real person.  Both are telling me that the issue is with my devices.  I have checked the manual for my stand alone caller ID device and there is NO way to adjust the time zone on the device.  I can reset the local time on the device, but when I get an incoming call, the device time jumps ahead 5 hours.  They do not understand that the caller ID service provides the time of the call.

Is it possible that the new ONT box is set to a different time zone and causing the problem ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Incorrect time on caller ID
Bricks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.

Today (Dec. 2nd, 2021), Verizon sent someone to upgrade my internet speed and look into the caller ID timezone problem.  By luck it was the same tech that was here before.  I showed him how the time would change on my caller ID device with any incoming calls.  He was stumped and called some people back at the office.  They were stumped as well until someone went to look at the OLT (Optical Line Terminal).  Apparently this device was the source of the timezone problem  The device can be managed and after they made some change to its settings, my caller ID is now showing the correct time.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am thinking that the ONT is either receiving the wrong time information or set for the wrong time zone. Does the STB give the correct time if you check it there? 🤔

Bricks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes the STB shows the correct time.

How can I check the ONT time zone settings ?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ONT's programming is not accessible by us end users. Only Verizon has the capability. Another ticket will need to be opened with Verizon Customer Service to have the optioning checked. I would also try to have Verizon DPO a technician to personally observe what is happening.

Bricks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem solved.

Today (Dec. 2nd, 2021), Verizon sent someone to upgrade my internet speed and look into the caller ID timezone problem.  By luck it was the same tech that was here before.  I showed him how the time would change on my caller ID device with any incoming calls.  He was stumped and called some people back at the office.  They were stumped as well until someone went to look at the OLT (Optical Line Terminal).  Apparently this device was the source of the timezone problem  The device can be managed and after they made some change to its settings, my caller ID is now showing the correct time.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you for letting us know what the final outcome was. 🙂

Not applicable

I was able to fix this by doing the following:

I powered off my Verizon box, powered it back on after 10 seconds and then restarted my phones (took the batteries out, unplugged the base unit). Then I called the land line from my cell phone to get the caller-id to come up. The time is now correct. So my guess is that something was wrong in the running software of the Verizon box.

0 Likes