Incredibly upset/dissapointed with Verizon today
McKFamily

I am having problems with my home phone service.  Static, cannot make or receive calls.  Wierd situation where if you call my landline, the call appears to be picked up after 1 ring and you're left with lots and lots of static.

Opened up a service ticket with Verizon, and booked an appointment for today, 9/24/2011.  i am told that a technician will be onsite sometime between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.  Received a text message at 8:28 this morning, CONFIRMING my appointment.

It's now AFTER 4:00 pm and NO TECHNICIAN HAS COME!  No text message updated.  NOTHING.

What am I paying Verizon for?  I spent an entire Saturday at home waiting for NO ONE TO ARRIVE.

Maybe it's time to port my land-line phone number to a VOIP provider and cancel my land-line service.  What a waste of a day.

0 Likes
Re: Incredibly upset/dissapointed with Verizon today
McKFamily

After entering the original post, I went to www.verizon.com/repair and updated my ticket with the information that a tech had yet to arrive.  I went back to the ticket status about 1.5 hours later, and it had been updated to state that a technician would be onsite by 5:00 PM.

6:10 PM and not a technician to be seen.

Strike two Verizon...

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the static start occurrring after a storm or just all of a sudden? Have you checked phone service at your NID to see if it really is Verizon's problem to solve?

0 Likes
McKFamily

I did perform some debugging before contacting Verizon.  I connected a phone directly to the NID and experienced the exact same problem.  I'm confident it's not the wiring inside my home.

0 Likes
McKFamily

Verizon technician is onsite and has verified the problem is with Verizon's service line to my house.  He's working on resolving the issue.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you get a resolution to this problem?

0 Likes
jar5

had same type of problem.  read my post under JAR

0 Likes