Internet
Nann2

Verizon tells me that I need a home phone landline service 40+ dollars in order to recieve internet service with an additional internet charge of 24.99.  Is this correct? I do not want a landline phone but need to pay for this service in order to get internet?

0 Likes
Re: Internet
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Nann wrote:

Verizon tells me that I need a home phone landline service 40+ dollars in order to receive internet service with an additional internet charge of 24.99.  Is this correct? I do not want a landline phone but need to pay for this service in order to get internet?

As always, "it depends."  What kind of service are you considering?  DSL?  FiOS?  And so on.

Specify the service you want to set up, and  then perhaps a solution can be suggested.

0 Likes
Re: Internet
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Nann wrote:

Verizon tells me that I need a home phone landline service 40+ dollars in order to recieve internet service with an additional internet charge of 24.99.  Is this correct? I do not want a landline phone but need to pay for this service in order to get internet?

Yes it's correct. Verizon used to offer customers DSL service with what is called a "dry-loop service".  You needed a 'physical' line into your home, but you did not have to have landline phone service.  In May 2012 they stopped offering it to 'new' customers.  They are also making it difficult for existing customers to keep it.

0 Likes