Is there any way to screen calls?
prymestar69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been getting a lot of calls from charities lately and I'm wondering if there's any way to screen them out, as well as any other unwanted calls.  I don't have a Caller ID display, so that's not much help.  I just might have to get a new phone with the ID to help me, but until then, I'd like to screen my calls for the time being.  Is there any way to do this?

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to screen calls?
TelephoneBill
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should sign up with the government's Do Not Call registry...call 888-382-1222...or go to http://donotcall.gov to enroll. This will put all commercial telemarketers on notice you don want to be disturbed...however most charities, legitimate public opinion surveys and (of course) politicial phone banks/robocalls are exempt. Of course, a $15 caller ID phone would be a good investment, along with the monthly charge of $9 or so for the caller ID service.

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to screen calls?
prymestar69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, I did apply to DNC.  But as you indicated, charities are still able to call my number to my increasing annoyance.  It looks like I'll have to get that Caller ID phone.  Hopefully, I can get it at a decent price for the holidays.

0 Likes