Lack of Service or Support
caltaxpro

My phone line went dead between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM on Saturday Sep 21, 2013.  Next step is to talk to ignorant machines and no way to discuss with a live person....To manipulate between the website is outrageous and moronic at best.  The service call "will be between 8 AM and 8 PM on Mon 9-23.  No way to verify it correctly.  I get the confirmation on the website and it states 9-24 3:00 PM as completion time.  No explanation or other information available.  You attempt to confirm it and it takes forever on the computer.

As a shareholder of Verizon and some one who pays in excess of $300 a month to the Company You would thinks the **bleep** could do a better job of truly helping their customers...Who cares about Vodaphone and the $140 Bn price tag.

0 Likes
Re: Lack of Service or Support
IPahwa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to agree. Welcome to the world of monopoly! Customer service in general in the USA among the internet/phone providers is non-existent. The outrageous fees are on the rise but the customer service is "outsourced" to the machines. Lack of education and training on the "support staff" is another issue. My FIOS Voice (land line) went dead. I tried all the usual instructions, unplug this and that, check ONT, etc. Then I call so-called customer service from my cell phone, the rep would not listen to me and made me repeat the same steps again, wasting another 15 minutes and my cell phone minutes. 

The rep created a ticket with no ETA. We are in the process of settling on a new home and need the land line bad. I am stuck for few more months with Verizon, after that I'll decide if Xfinity or other providers are any better (which I doubt it). Lack of competition results in the high rates and poor customer service. What can you do?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello iPahwa

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

IPahwa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update to my previous post of 09/28

I am pleasantly surprised that someone from technical support actually called me and was able to get the phone line up and running in less than 10 minutes. He did not make me go through the unplug this and that routine. He was able to reset my connection. Here is the most impressive part: He actually called back to ensure that phone line was running properly. Now this is what I call customer service. 

I am not sure if I just got lucky or is VZN really trying hard to provide a great service. Anyway, my issue got resolved in no time since my post. 

Thank You Verizon and Elizabeth for escalating my issue.

PJL
Master - Level 3

@ElizabethS wrote:

Hello iPahwa

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

But what about the OP's issue?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

@PJL wrote:
But what about the OP's issue?

Hi PJL,

Caltaxpro already had a service call pending to repair the dead phone problem.  Caltaxpro's issue will be escalated if they post that further assistance is needed.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello IPahwa,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the public thread. If you still need assistance with your phone service or ever need help with anything else let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes