Land Line Not working
jima518

Due to heavy rain in area for past 2 days, my home phone is out and DSL connection is spotty. The best Verizon repair can offer is a scheduled appointment on 10/12/2011. Did not have this problem with cable company. Looks like I will be going back to cable company, even though their rates are higher. Guess you get what you pay for.! Verizon is not a very reliable source for phone, internet and possible TV. Probably not reliable as a wireless provider. Guess I'll stick with AT&T.

0 Likes
Re: Land Line Not working
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue.  I've moved your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Forums!

KaLin

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I show that you have a repair ticket scheduled for Wednesday. Please let us know if we can assist further.

0 Likes
ReenieB

I had the same problem because we're having a power outage right now. Apparently, they run on battery power and only for 4-8 hours. After that, you have no land line unless you need to make an emergency call, in which case you have one shot.

I need to see if I can get another provider for emergencies. I didn't realize that this was how it worked. I'm used to having a deicated land line in case of emergencies. 

0 Likes