Land line too quiet
jlsacct

I just got a standard land line activated on existing wiring, was previously using Vonage. I've tried using several different DECT 6.0 cordless phones and on all three the other party's voice is too quiet, even when the handset volume is maxed out. I didn't have this volume issue with the same phones using VoIP - I'm pretty sure the phones aren't the issue. Clarity seems fine, but the incoming call volume (not ringer volume) is just too quiet, about the level of a murmur.

Has anyone dealt with a similar problem? Any advice is welcome. I telecommute and need this line for work. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Land line too quiet
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

Just guessing here, but when you had Vonage did you connect your phones directly to the VoIP adapter rather than the house wiring?  If that's the case you might try connecting your phones to the jack inside the interface (presumably) outside the house.  If it works then you have isolated the problem to the house wiring.  Just a 25' (or longer) phone cord would allow you to run from the interface to inside your garage or wherever where you could locate the phones to plug in to A/C power. 

0 Likes
Re: Land line too quiet
Drewby

Hi,

Last week, I heard alot of clicks on my line, even the people that I was talking to, could hear them. My Dial Tone Volume is fine, but once the call is made, it's like dead air and the Volume drops. I have a hard time hearing people, same with incoming calls. Never had any problems until now and it's annoying not to be able to hear people loudly. Sounds like they are whispering. Smiley Sad I hate the thought of switching to Comast, but I might have to if this keeps up. My monthly Bill is $77.55 with taxes and I can't hear people without straining my ear to hear and understand them? This is on all phones.. on my line.  I am not going to pay $91 for someone to come out and check my line.

0 Likes