Landline Charges
Rambler

Trying to find out WHY when I call my own cell phone from my home phone (to check my ringtone) I get charged for a long distance call??  It shows that my cell phone is in based in a town a 2 to 3 hr drive away ??????? And,  when I call someone on my cell phone they think it is a bogus call because they know I don't live in that far-off town?????

Unable to get through on landline....  hope I can get an answer this way.

Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: Landline Charges
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@Rambler wrote:

Trying to find out WHY when I call my own cell phone from my home phone (to check my ringtone) I get charged for a long distance call??  It shows that my cell phone is in based in a town a 2 to 3 hr drive away ??????? And,  when I call someone on my cell phone they think it is a bogus call because they know I don't live in that far-off town?????

Unable to get through on landline....  hope I can get an answer this way.

Thanks...

Rambler,

It seems to me that the cell phone is the issue here, not the landline phone.  If the cell phone is registered as being in an area that is long distance relative to your landline then that will be a LD call every time.  I would try contacting your wireless provider and asking them if there is any way that you can have them associate that number with your current living area so as to avoid these charges.

I work on the Telecom side of things so I can't say for certain if that is doable or not, but that is what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Alternatively, you may want to try your luck in the wireless forums here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes