Landline Out For 9 Days...Mostly Static.
Amber751

My landline has been unusable for days now. I occasionally get a dial tone with heavy static but, for the most part, it's just static. I've tried a corded phone with a new telephone cord in the jack and I still get no dial tone.  I only have one phone line and no other devices hooked up to it aside from a DSL filter. My DSL is working normally. As far as I can tell, I don't have an NID or an ONT box. I've looked all around the house inside and out for them. My home is older and I suspect that they are located on the telephone pole outside my house.

I've gone through the troubleshooting guide and it says the problem lies with my equipment. I don't believe this as I've tried a different phone in the jack and get the same result. I need someone to come and look into this. The problem is that I have no way of contacting Verizon. I don't have a cell phone and I've seen no way to email or chat with customer support. I have inside wire maintenance but I'm still concerned that if I have someone come out that I'll be charged a service fee.

Can anyone offer any advice? 

0 Likes
Re: Landline Out For 9 Days...Mostly Static.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Try this: Use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair

0 Likes
Amber751

As I said in my original message, I have already gone through the troubleshooting guide. I think I will have to have someone out but I'm concerned about being charged a service fee. Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You can book repairs through the troubleshooter. But if you want to check whether there are charges, it might be best to call in first and talk to someone.

0 Likes
Amber751

It's impossible to call since I have no phone, but after researching online, I've found out that I shouldn't be charged since I have the inside wire maintenance plan. Thanks

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Were you able to book a repair online? If not, please private message me.

0 Likes