Landline Port
Lynny1

I had my landline number ported to a new Iphone today at the Verizon store.  Will my landline service that keeps my internet service sill be effective? I did not cancel my landline phone service or my internet service.  I can't receive phone calls on my Iphone at home.  I can receive and call out on the Iphone away from my house.  Is anybody aware if this is safe?  I don't want to risk losing my landline service. I can't even get through to Verizon on the phone to ask this question.

0 Likes
Re: Landline Port
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If you port your landline to your Iphone, then that number exists only on the iphone. Your phone would not work in your home and your DSL service would be converted to what we call a "dry loop" . This is a phone line whose sole purpose is for providing DSL service, not any phone calls. If you can receive calls at all on your Iphone when people call your "old home number" then that means the number was ported over. If you are having troubles receiving calls at home, your signal might not be strong enough. You would have to contact Verizon Wireless regarding that. Is your DSL service still working?

0 Likes
Re: Landline Port
minded
Contributor - Level 1

I'm hoping the problem's been fixed by now, but when you ported your number, did someone change your landline number to a new telephone number?  If not, that doesn't automatically happen when you change your number; worse still, most likely all of your home services would have been disconnected.

0 Likes