Landline (copper) - Outgoing FINE, Incoming (One Ring, then BUSY)
pcmusicradio

Hello,

I AM TRYING EVERY POSIBLE WAY TO HAVE YOU KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER, ON A COPPER LANDLINE. My family has had this account and number since 1957. By the way, a modern NID was never installed here, wasn't  that required by the NY Public Service Commission?? My NID is still hard wired.

5/28 - OUTGOING CALLS are fine, INCOMING CALLERS receive one ring, then FAST BUSY SIGNAL

5/29 - VERIZON tecnicians arrive (very promptly, thank you), climb up nearby pole, and tell me "There are no more "working copper lines" available to switch you to. You need to have FIBER OPTIC cable installed". They set up an appointment for 5/30. Order # NY 00236630141

5/30 - When I called up to find out the progress of my order, the phone ROBOT said, "sorry we had a problem, cannot meet your appointment today". Since I never receives a TEXT from you, I called a LIVE person who said "he had no record of that", BUT I CANCELLED ANYWAY, after I heard of the 4-6 hour installation, and read of the drilling and wiring of ONT and related backup needed to be installed.

SINCE CANCELLING, I have been reading of the Verizon desire to rid itself of copper wiring, and switch customers over to the unregulated fiber-optic part of their business.

I have also learned from A VERIZON employee in the family, that IF MY PHONE IS WORKING IN ONE DIRECTION, MY COPPER WIRING IS NOT A PROBLEM AND CAN STILL WORK.

He suggested you check these two things ADMINISTRATIVELY:

1) My phone was OFF THE HOOK for at least 6 hours, just before this problem occurred. Was my account or number put into LOCKOUT by the switching equipment, and never restored  to normal??

2) Have your computers MISTAKENLY thought my account WASN'T PAID, and put me on ONE-WAY SPRO ??

Thank you for any assistance. I already have a Cable Company VOIP phone. I would not need an addional phone (your fiber optic) which does not work for long periods during power outages.

0 Likes
Re: Landline (copper) - Outgoing FINE, Incoming (One Ring, then BUSY)
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pcmusicradio,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Landline (copper) - Outgoing FINE, Incoming (One Ring, then BUSY)
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes