Lost phone number
JMac19

Out of the blue, I received a message from Verizon indicating they were transferring my phone service to "another provider".  I called; they said it was a mistake and the transfer was  cancelled.  Apparently not: I lost my service the next day.  After a week (and approx 6 hours on the phone with them), I managed to get a working landline, but with a new number.  Verizon has been unable to explain what happened or if/when I will get my number back.  Out of desperation, I have filed a complaint with the local PUC, but it would be a lot simpler if Verizon could fix this.  Everytime I call, I have to go through the whole explanation, deal with the "its your fault" attitude, and then am promised action (and return phone calls) within 2 business days - but nothing changes and they never call me back...

0 Likes
Re: Lost phone number
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JMac1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes