Loyal Verizon customer: 27 total days without service in less than three months
janrobin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since August 2012, my landline voice was noisy and internet data transfer rates were slower than 35,000 (slower than dial-up). My time was very limited in those days, and I did not have time to deal with it.

In March 2013, internet and voice gave out entirely. Well, at least, I thought that the noise would be removed from my voice line, and the data transfer rate would be improved when the fix was complete, 8 days later.

No: After the repair 8 days later, same noisy voice line (and, yes, I tried several different filters); same ultra-slow internet.

On June 1, 2013, again, dead phone. Nothing out of the network interface device. Verizon promised repairs in 10 days. Apparently, service was intermittent during this time, as my wake-up call worked once or twice, and my phone rang once while I was home.

On June 8, 2013, I received a text message saying the issue had been resolved. Apparently, the contract technician (a contractor, rather than a skilled Verizon technician) tried my line during one of the fortuitous times when the line was working. Verizon's text message said: "Issue resolved." When I returned home 7 hours later: yes, nothing: no voice, no data, nothing.

My service request is now, once again, on the bottom of the 10-day queue.

As my phone/internet would be out of commission 18 days this month, assuming it is repaired by the earliest available date, 10 calendar days from now. I would assume my bill would be 60% (18/30) of my usual bill; in other words, directly pro-rated. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) In March, Verizon deducted less than $12 from my $68 bill; not pro-rated, but I was too busy with my demanding life to deal with it.

Verizon, I've been a loyal customer since Verizon was formed in 2000, and customer for more than a decade of predecessor GTE before that can only infer from this poor service that Verizon would rather move away from residential landline business.

There are few corporations that inspire the intense distaste as the local cable provider, but they are starting to look good in comparison.

Verizon, administrator, please don't respond with the canned script that I should check the status of my order. Previously I tried to follow your instructions to order status, but the link was nonexistent. (Note: I don't blame Verizon employees or its contract employees. The fault appears to lie with the middle and upper management.)

I am writing this in an internet cafe.

0 Likes
Re: Loyal Verizon customer: 27 total days without service in less than three months
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi janrobin,

You did not reply to the Private Support Case opened for you in this thread, and the case was closed due to no response.  Would you like that case to be reopened for you?

Re: Loyal Verizon customer: 27 total days without service in less than three months
janrobin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could you please reopen the Private Report Case? I could not find it on my profile after your first response.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Yes it can be re-opened.  Is it showing up on your profile page now?  If so, allow a short time for the case to be re-opened.

janrobin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the quick. I entered the requested information.

0 Likes
janrobin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for expediting.

0 Likes