My Voicemail access number is not answering
susanmo

I am trying to check my voicemail on my home landline and I've been dialing the access phone number for 3 days from different phones. It just rings and rings and never answers.  Of course it is impossible to reach Verizon support on this issue and the online help person is a joke. 

Is there a reset or something I need to do? If it's on Verizon's end, there seems to be no way to contact them for a fix.

0 Likes
Re: My Voicemail access number is not answering
cawacho

I am having the same issue!  I cannot get a hold of a human being if it meant my life at Verizon and there is absolutely nothing on their "troubleshooting" website that addresses this issue!  I live in Buffalo NY - I am wondering if it is an area outage or something?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.  Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers or use Contact Us.

0 Likes
neenabeena

I am having the same problem...People are calling me, and the voicemail is not picking up...I called from my cell to test it and had 4 rings on the house phone and in my cell the ring kept ringing over and over.  No vmail ever picked up....

As to your contact us info...I believe that your virtual agent thing is useless.  I do like the live chat, when it is available.  But many times trying to get someone on the phone is cumbersome.

0 Likes
cmjloud

I'm having the same problem! I've been trying to check for my messages for days. I tried to use the support features, but this topic isn't an option for any of them so far!

0 Likes
susanmo

the virtual agent is a joke.  Doesn't help at all. 

I was finally able to reach someone at 800-837-4966. Even after I indicated it was a phone, landline issue, I ended up in the Fios help area.  First I spoke to Yoany who was FIOS only, then was transferred to Poojitha and then transferred to Rani.  Poojitha said I needed to change my password, which was a ridiculous answer since I didn't even get to the point where I entered a password.  Then Rani tried to sell me new products and services, which I replied by saying I wasn't buying a new product until I could get my current product to work. Then they did a test on the voicemail system and was told it worked just fine and no issues were detected.

I was finally transfered to a clearly American woman who was intelligent and helpful and said there was an outage in my area.  She said she would submit a repair request. I received a followup email and within a few hours my voicemail worked.

The first challege is trying to figure out the correct number to call. Then good luck getting anyone to understand how to help.

0 Likes
TXJayLG

I am having the exact same issue.  No response from Tech Support either. 

0 Likes
Shetech

I had issues with this earlier this evening and the fix for it was:

Try calling your landline from another # to obtain your VM (I used my cell phone to call my landline). Make sure you select the * symbol once your greeting starts and then you will be prompted for your passcode. You should be IN after that.

0 Likes