My home phone has been out since June 26, 2018 and I get NO HELP
ElizabethNYC

My home number has been out since June 26, 2018.  First, a tech came on-site (twice) and they determined that the issue is with the cable in the street.  I was then promised service to be restored on Aug 30, then Sept 31, then Oct 30, the Nov 9 and when I contacted Verison today it's now been moved to Dec 26.  Every time I am GUARANTEED that the service will be restored by 5 pm that day and that they can see that it's actively worked on.  Last week it was even confirmed by a customer service supervisor that service would be restored by 5 pm on Nov 9.

Every time I contact Verizon I ask for a manager to look into the matter and call me back.  And I'm promised everytime that someone will.  It has never happened.

I contacted FCC and they engaged in the matter but after they were told three times by Verizon without the service being restored they informed me that they can't do anything more.

There are no Verizon vans on the street, nobody is giving me an honest answer.  I am however billed every month for the service.

Can you have someone very senior take charge, get this fix prioritized and call me back with the plan?

I work from home and have small kids and we really need the phone.

EP

0 Likes
Re: My home phone has been out since June 26, 2018 and I get NO HELP
jonjones1
Legend

Contract the NYS Department of Public Service 

http://www.dps.ny.gov

they have a toll free number (use a cell phone or neighbor phone etc) call them

its faster. They regulate Verizon and take a dim view of this type of service.

they will get in touch with Verizon immediately and will get back to you same day.

give them a number you can answer at anytime.

0 Likes
Re: My home phone has been out since June 26, 2018 and I get NO HELP
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ElizabethNYC,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes