My number displays incorrect subscriber name at receiver's Caller ID!
JohnLossinAdams

Those I call tell me that my name as displayed on their CallerID display indicates the previous subscriber's name and not mine.  This has been going on ever since I was assigned this new number ({edited for privacy})  last year. Please correct the LIDB Calling Name record at your earliest convenience.  Yes, having worked on the design of the Calling Name feature of LIDB, I find this error particularly annoying!

0 Likes
Re: My number displays incorrect subscriber name at receiver's Caller ID!
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  If you want to reach Verizon, click here:

Contact Us

It's generally considered a bad idea to post personal information such as phone numbers in public forums like this one.  The Verizon moderators will edit your post to remove your phone number, or you can do it now to minimize the risk even further.

One of the problems with Caller ID is that different carries can and do use different databases.  This is why some people I call see my name as entered by Verizon, while others see only the state I'm calling from.  It seems the difference is greater between landline and wireless services as well as when I call areas served by other "Baby Bells."

If the Caller ID is wrong when calling other Verizon customers, then you need to ask Verizon to fix it.  If it's okay for local numbers but wrong for long distance or wireless callers, there probably isn't much you can do.

Good Luck.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
Hi. Your going to want to put your friends number in at this website and see who his carrier is. If it's verizon then you can call and they can fix it. If it belongs to another carrier then he has to call them to fix it.

Www.Tnid.Us
0 Likes
KahunaNoKaOi
Enthusiast - Level 1

The three friends (local) that complained of the incorrect Calling Name I "believe" are

Verizon landline subscribers.  However, I will double check that and reply with the findings.

As an aside, I know that there "used to be" and issue with charging OTCs for dipping into

the LIDB.  It's been about 20 years since I had direct knowledge of those business practices,

so it may be true that other OTCs (including CLECs and IXCs) use their own version

of a calling name retrieval.  Since quite a few of my old colleagues still work for (now Ericcson)

Bellcore, I'll check that out the next time I run into them.

Jack

0 Likes
KahunaNoKaOi
Enthusiast - Level 1

FWIW, the URL you have results in a 410 error (The server is long gone!)

0 Likes