My phones will not ring.
espondel

Yesterday I noticed that I had two missed calls.
I never heard my phone ring. 
My mother eventually called my cell, because she said my phone would just ring and ring.
So I did a test and called it with my cell phone.
The headset lights up and shows there is an incoming call, and I can answer the phone if I notice I have an incoming call, but the phones will not right.
We have 3 jacks in the house with different types of phones. None of the phones will ring.
I can call out and like I said; if I see the headset light up, I can answer the phone and things work fine.
How do I get things ringing again?
Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phones will not ring.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooters to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair. You can find these tools that may help you diagnose your issue on the Verizon Residential Support page:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooters to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, Fios TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair. You can find these tools that may help you diagnose your issue on the Verizon Residential Support page:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
espondel

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the answer to my problems here either.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you ont is not providing adequate ringing current. Will most likely need to be replaced. You will have to schedule a tech visit  

0 Likes
espondel

Well, it seems that even though Verizon's automated system said that the problem was with my phones/lines..........I was wasting my time trying to find an answer.

Got a call from a Verizon tech about 4 days after I had reported the problem. He told me that a snake was living in the main box in my area and "taken a dump" on some cards or chips (sorry can't remember what exactly he called them), and that was causing the problem.
He said it was fixed. Then a day later; I had NO phone service. The line was dead.
They came out again a day or so later, and fixed something.
And guess what...........the next day...........NO phone again.
As of last night, they have it fixed and it is still working, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

0 Likes