NID Telephone Box Outside of House has Worn Out, Need Someone To Come Out and Replace It
Darroyo1

For the past couple years, everytime it rained, my internet and phone would cut out for a day or so until the weather cleared up. It was annoying, but I was able to deal with it.

Now though, I do not think it will be coming back on after the rain the other day. I took a look at the NID box outside of my house to try troubleshooting the phone line by connecting a working jack to the test jack to check for a dial tone. I have used this method in the past whenever I needed to check the line after the rain.

The NID troubleshoot no longer produces a dial tone for the test jack. The box itself has been in less than ideal condition and I believe the rain has finally worked itself into the cracks and ruined the NID permanently.

I should also mention that connecting to the internet (via an unrelated mobile connection) and trying to use the trouble shooter provided by verizon does not help. I keep getting to the step where it tells me to try the NID test and when I click the option that states "did not hear dial tone" the trouble shooter no longer responds nor proceeds to the next step, thus not allowing me to create an official ticket for this issue or schedule an appointment.

Seeing as I can no longer do anything on my end to fix this, I require a tech to come and replace the NID as soon as possible. From my understanding, if the problem is indeed a faulty NID, Verizon should replace it at no cost. I should also add, I do not believe anyone came to install a new NID when I first purchased Verizon service, so my home has been using a worn out NID box for many years prior which is not ideal in the least.

I would appreciate being contacted to set up an appointment for someone to come check it out. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: NID Telephone Box Outside of House has Worn Out, Need Someone To Come Out and Replace It
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: NID Telephone Box Outside of House has Worn Out, Need Someone To Come Out and Replace It
Garvin16

I'm having the same issue after the recent rains.  No dial tone, and I cannot make or receive calls.  I followed all the instructions on the troubleshooting page, but it would not let me request for technician to come out, or create a ticket.  The NID box outside is completely outdated, does not look like the one shown on the webpage.  Please have someone come out to replace the NID box!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Garvin16,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

Contact Us

0 Likes