Need for Unlimited Call Blocking
sweez
Enthusiast - Level 2

While somewhat onerous to add numbers to the call blocking list, I have seen a decrease in the number of unwanted calls that i receive by using the call blocking feature.  I find call blocking pretty effective at stopping unwanted calls.  However, after a few months, I've hit the 100 number maximum.  Unwanted calls are unfortunately increasing day by day since scammers are able to make money off of this practice.  

We need unlimited call blocking similar to other calling services like our cell phones or Google Voice.  

0 Likes
Re: Need for Unlimited Call Blocking
OWR084

Check your call block list.  I tried to add some numbers yesterday and found out that the maximum number of calls on the list is TEN, not 100.  I have been on the for for almost an hour getting bounced around.  No one seems to know anything about it. Smiley Mad

0 Likes
OWR084

OK... Here is what I found out after more than an hour on the phone.  Someone, somewhere made the boneheaded decision to only allow you to enter no more that 10 numbers on the call block list IF you are using the set top box.  You can enter up to one hundred numbers on the call block list on the website.  Adding numbers on the website is a joke.  First, you have to click on the number and select call block.  That takes you to the call block page where you have to click enter to get it on the list.  If you want to enter another number, hit the back button to take you to the call log.  Unfortunately, if you were on the 3rd page of your call log it will take you back to the 1st page.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Consider using NOMOROBO service ( http://nomorobo.com )

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as only allowing 10 numbers from some interfaces, that was the original limit.  They did update to support 100 after many people complained the limit was to low.  They updated the web interface, and have slowly been making changes to the other interfaces

0 Likes
TX-gal
Enthusiast - Level 3

they increased beginning of year 2015 to 100 call blocks, but we are in 2017 now and need more capacity! Irony is that some of those calling numbers are contracted out by Verizon.... and the unwanted callers are violating the do not call list!

Verizon: please increase the space!

0 Likes
TX-gal
Enthusiast - Level 3

why? Verizon can increase the number, perhaps to unlimited.

0 Likes