Need to buy back my former Verizon FIOS voip phone number
TBIJoey

In 2015 I had Verizon FIOS voip service, and the following year 2016, I had emergency brain surgery and a very lengthy hospitalization and nursing home stint. Now in trying to rebuild my life, I desperately need back my former phone number. Basically all of my email accounts have 2-step verification using this number and I have very precious information on those accounts,which I need to pay my medical bills. Is my former number still available? And how do I go about obtaining it? No one at ANY Verizon store seems to be able to answer this question, which is literally life or death and when I have special needs with a severe traumatic brain injury under extenuating circumstances.

Please help!!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need to buy back my former Verizon FIOS voip phone number
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My suggestion would be to contact Verizon Customer Support or possibly Sales.

To tell if the old telephone number is available, call it and see what happens. If you reach a recording saying that the number is not in service, then chances are it is available. If someone answers or you reach someone's voice-mail, it's been taken.

To know the full status of a telephone number requires access to systems that we end users/other Verizon customers do not have.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Need to buy back my former Verizon FIOS voip phone number
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My suggestion would be to contact Verizon Customer Support or possibly Sales.

To tell if the old telephone number is available, call it and see what happens. If you reach a recording saying that the number is not in service, then chances are it is available. If someone answers or you reach someone's voice-mail, it's been taken.

To know the full status of a telephone number requires access to systems that we end users/other Verizon customers do not have.

0 Likes