New FiOS Customer Lied to By Sales Rep and/or Customer Service
pelmos

We just had FiOS installed at our a week ago. Initally we were trying to sign up online but the Verizon website was having errors so a sales representative (I believe her name was Felicia) called us to help sign us up. We specifically requested that we keep we keep pur old phone number after switching to FiOS. She told us that we would have a temporary number that when it was installed and we would receive a call the day after installation to port the old number to FiOS. Additionally we were signing up a Triple Play package for $79.99 month that included a waived activation fee. We told her this directly when signing up. Her response was that after placing our order to send her a fax showing the deal as advertised to us (I made a snapshot from my web browser and will add it to this post). She said we our confirmation email would be for $89.99/month and we would receive a second email for the updated price shortly after she looks over the information. Right after finsihing the order with her, we sent the fax to the number she instructed {edited for privacy}. After that we waited.

It was been just over a week after installation and we have received no call for getting our old number back and no email correcting our order. The first bill is online now and we have an activation fee of $69.99 and our monthly service is costing $89.99/month. Nothing was done to fix the order. We called Verizon Customer Service about our number. Our first call told us that the number is usually handled on the same day as installation and we should alerady have our old one in use. When attempting to change it I was told that our previous phone provider Birch had to release the nubmer to Verizon. So I Birch and their representative said that it issue was with Verizon and that Birch couldn't do it. We called Verizon again and it was the same answer as before. We were being sent back and forth between the two compnies both of them blaming the other for our problem but neither bothering to fix it. This went on fro about five hours, an entire day wasted on failed customer service.

Eventaully after speaking to a supervisor at Verizon I was told that our DSL line from Birch would have to be canceled before the number could be released. That is the first time either complany had said that to us. I told the Verizon rep at the time that if it not handled correctly this time our next call to the company will be to cancel our FiOS service. Immediately afterwards we called Birch and told them the cancel the DSL so we could have our number on Verizon. It has been several days since being juggled around between the companies like that and we have received no call, no email, and no change.

Somebody at Verizon is lying to us and not giving us the service we ordered nor the price we were assured. If the issue is not resolved next week my fmaily will be canceling the FiOS service from this unreliable company.

0 Likes
Re: New FiOS Customer Lied to By Sales Rep and/or Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pelmos,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

Since we have not heard back from you, we are now closing this case.  If you have any additional questions please feel free to create a new thread and we will be more than happy to assist you

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
pelmos

This case not entirely resolved. We clicked the link provided and was able to fix the bill charges {edited for privacy}, but our phone number still has not changed. We had a Mr Hayes from Verizon contact us about fixing it, however we have heard no response in our attempts to get back to him. One representative told us that to change our number we would need to start a new account and provide social security number. We already creaated a new account we signed up for FiOS and nobody needs my social for anything like a mere phone number. We would like to keep our old number as promised we would have a month ago without relinquishing any sensitive information.

0 Likes
pelmos

Mr Hayes contacted us shortly after that last post. Our case is resolved now

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear that this is now resolved. Please let us know if you need assistance in the future. 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes