New Service and misinformation
madcamjam

I called several weeks ago to establish Verizon triple play for the first time.  The representative assured me that I could seemlessly keep my landline number.  The tech came out and did a great job setting everything up.  However, my daughter couldn't reach us on our landline line.  I realized it wasn't taking incoming calls.  I called Verizon to discover that the rep that set up our install never requested our landline # and Verizon had provided us with a new #.  If I want to go back to our original landline #, Verizon will charge us $22 (never was told about a charge) and there will be several days before it can be accomplished.  The representative that I spoke to today was very abrasive and said that was all she could offer me.  Said all supervisors were in a meeting but I could wait on hold for 60-90 minutes at least.  I waited over 45 before I told her that I would call back.  (Employee ID Z605181/Katie)  It is shocking to me that Verizon made a mistake and now I am being penalized.  While that original representative clearly dropped the ball, Verizon could have offered to waive the fee or to offer me a free service or gift card or something to compensate me for the delay and unknown charges.  Unfortunately, this second representative didn't seem to care about me as a customer.  When I told her that I was nervous about Verizon's customer service after these two phone experiences, she didn't seem to care...said I have 30 days to decide if I want to cancel my service and return to my previous provider.  It is unfortunate that she only wanted to get me off the phone and did nothing to make me excited about my transfer to Verizon today.

0 Likes
Re: New Service and misinformation
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: New Service and misinformation
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,
Due to non response, we will be closing out your support case. If you need any assistance in the future, feel free to create a new thread.
Thank you,
Amanda_M

0 Likes